Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tilly lets the beat control them


Oh shit. Here it goes. This new Tilly video is going to have all the fans squawking about "Oh my god, this sucks, this sounds nothing like their old stuff!" 

And fucking Perez Hilton put it on his blog like "Look at this really obscure band I found! They're so new and unknown!" So NOW the fans are going to encounter Perezzies at Tilly shows,  a bunch of Ugg-adorned "college-aged females," and be like "Oh my god, you don't even know Tilly! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!" 

It's all going to erupt in a bloody hair-pulling Springer-style smackdown and I am going to be right in the middle of it at Tilly's Atlanta show next month, weeping, "I JUST WANT MY HAPPY TILLY RAINBOW SUNSHINE SMOOTHIE NOW PLEASE."

Whatever. The song is still adorable, the Tilly kids still look cutely awkward in videos, and I'd still give my left leg to put on a tutu or some shit and play backup triangle for them. 

But PS: I do miss the days when all Tillies were created equal. I know she's cute and petite and has a kickass sleeve, but who made Kianna the lead singer? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, backup triangle! Where do you come up with things like this!?! I know just how you feel. I read that on Perez's blog, too, and I almost choked. But doesn't it give you some sort of sickly sweet feeling that you knew them loooooooong before he "discovered" them. It sure makes me feel like a fucking rock star compared to him.