Thursday, February 28, 2008

New EP, New EP, WOOP! WOOP WOOP!


OMG OMG OMG


Animal Collective, my all time favorite make-your-friends-say-WTF band, is due for a new EP called "Water Curses" on May 6th!

As reported by Pitchfork Media, the 4 track EP contains 3 cuts from the Strawberry Jam sessions, and a final track from...not those sessions. 

1. Water Curses
2. Street Flash
3. Cobwebs
4. Seal Eyeing

They also have a tour going on, but it's not in this country, and I don't think our fan base--WHILE EXTENSIVE--reaches abroad quite yet. Well...I mean...there's a show in New Jersey. Yeah that's what I thought.

Me and AC have a rocky past. When my boyfriend first tried to introduce me to them, I was like, "Um. Are you one of those people who just listens to the weirdest music you can find so people think you're really unique, even if it's not actually good?"

Ouch. I know. Animals, Animals, keep cool my babies. I LOVE you now. I soon realized that the song "We Tigers" unleashes the inner tribal beast-dancer housed deep within my soul, waiting to streak its face with war paint and freak the fuck out in a field somewhere. The closest I can really get to that is blasting it in my car and WOOP-WOOPing really loud, so that's what I did. And from that point on there was no going back. 

If you haven't heard their latest album, Strawberry Jam...hear it
It is wild and passionate and noisy and quiet and tender and abrasive and meaningless and meaningful and pointy and squishy and sweet and sour and salty and spicy and pretty and ugly and everything music should be, rolled into one big "OMFG THIS IS ALL I CAN LISTEN TO FOR A MONTH STRAIGHT" ball off goodness.

Animal Collective, kids.
Because you have inner We Tigers too.
...And katydids. 
...And ogres-ogres-ogres.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you've hit the spirit of Animal Collective right on, Panda Bear.

fifthing said...

"Fireworks" is the greatest to put on as loud as possible, lay down, and be overwhelmed by.